We will send you an email to reset your password.
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
No better way to start talking about the basics of EMS training than by quoting Bruce Lee. And did you know that he used EMS to complement his training and achieve greatness. So before we go deeper into the rabbit hole of EMS Training, let’s start with the EMS basics…
Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
Electromyostimulation is a method that creates muscle contractions using electrical impulses that directly stimulate your motor neurons (activating your muscles). An EMS unit like Visionbody is a device that delivers this in the comfort of your own home.
This stimulation creates muscle contractions that can be quick and frequent, fast with long pauses, or contractions that are held for several seconds or minutes at a time.
Here is a video for a deeper understanding of how the impulses work your muscles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195DKrmKin8
So the EMS impulses work the same way as traditional training with weights. This is something most people struggle to grasp because after the training they feel great and not “worked out”!
“You will get all the training benefits you might also get from “traditional training”, but without the negative impacts of lactate overload, heavily worked joints/ligaments, and metabolic stress.”
Now that we’ve done a crash course on EMS lets go and look at the programs you can use with the EMS suit and how they will help you and your health and fitness goals.
There are 5 programs with the home system…
- BASIC (Get Started, Basic-1, Continuous-1)
- FAT BURN
- SPECIAL (Massage, Wellness and Anti Cellulite)
- The Basic programs are ideal to get started with EMS training. If you use these types of training two days per week you are doing quite a lot of training. The basic programs train your body equally in muscle types which means 50% fast-twitch fibers and 50% slow-twitch fibers.
- Strength, Endurance, and Fat Burn are our three major training programs that you should only do three times per week between 20-30min each, depending on your training level. For most people 2x per week, 20min each is a great start and where most of us can stay for the rest of our life! “But my neighbour always says more is more!” In this case this is not true. Too much of a good thing can also be bad for you.
- Special (Massage and Wellness) is an amazing tool to help with recovery and to relieve muscle pain. The suit causes muscle stimulation which produces heat, this speeds up blood circulation in the area which helps to remove waste products (such as lactic acid build up). In cases of healing muscle injuries, EMS also increases blood circulation to help transport nutrients to the injured part as a result speeding up the recovery of muscle fibres.
- Special (Anti Cellulite) Now this is a program you will fall in love with. It combines highly effective low and medium frequencies. These specially developed impulses build up the deep muscles and strengthen the connective tissue, making it harder for the fat to settle. The result: cellulite-free and firm skin.
Within the first 6 weeks of following our Basic training programs you will:
- increased fat loss
- stronger muscles
- better posture
- less muscle tension in the lower back
- better skin
- increasing lymphatic drainage
- more energy throughout the day
- feeling completely supported by our team on your journey 😊
We believe that physical fitness should be accessible and achievable for everyone. We are here with you every step of the way to answer your questions, provide training and support and information to give you all the tools you need to make the Vision Body Suit work for you and help you in achieving the level of health and fitness that you deserve.